Venture Capital refers to a fund operated by a group of individuals with technical, financial, market or industry expertise and experience to assist investors in selecting and investing in companies with potential in high-risk, high-growth investment cases in pursuit of high future returns.
Because of its combination of capital, technology and ability, it invests in businesses with high development potential, new technologies, new ideas, and rapid growth, and provides various value-added services; in order to obtain high capital gains, it can arrange for mergers and acquisitions or public offerings of the invested companies after successful investment. It can also expand its investment in unlisted companies that need to be merged and reorganized to help realize the ideal investment behavior of starting up again.
Differing from publicly traded securities investment activities in general, venture capital is mainly engaged in private equity capital management and is a higher-risk and higher-return investment model that seeks long-term capital appreciation by cultivating and guiding enterprises to start or restart businesses, merge or be merged, and listing on the stock market or listing on the OTC.
National Development Fund, Executive Yuan
- In line with the national industrial development strategy, it invests in important businesses or projects such as industrial innovation, high-tech development, and energy resource regeneration.
- In line with the national industrial development strategy, it provides financing for projects such as sustainable industrial development, pollution prevention and energy conservation programs.
- It assists the central competent authorities in charge of investment and financing or technical cooperation expenses for related projects.
One-stop service for National Development Fund Investment
One-stop service for National Development Fund Financing
Small & Medium Enterprise Credit Guarantee Fund
- Small and Medium Enterprises
Small and medium-sized enterprises that meet the “Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME) Recognition Standards” approved by the Executive Yuan, except for the financial and insurance industries and special entertainment industries.
The term “small and medium-sized enterprise” refers to a business with a paid-in capital of less than NT$100 million or employing less than 200 employees, which has been registered as a company or a business in accordance with the law. In addition, the following loan applicants [excluding public institutions and consortium legal persons] with business permits issued by the competent authorities may be deemed to have completed the company or business registrations in accordance with the law.
- Health care services or architects’ offices.
- Childcare centers, nursery schools or after-school care centers for children.
- Private long-term care institutions for the elderly, private hospice institutions, private nursing care institutions, or private welfare institutions for the physically and mentally disabled.
- Entrepreneurial Individuals
Young entrepreneurs who are nationals of the Republic of China with household registration and who are responsible for starting or operating a small or medium-sized enterprise and who meet the requirements of the “Directions of Loans for Startup Funding for Young Entrepreneurs.”
- Other guarantee recipients approved by the Board of Directors of the Small & Medium Enterprise Credit Guarantee Fund and approved by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
Credit Guarantee Program
We can provide different credit guarantee programs for different sizes of enterprises as follows:
- Small and medium-sized enterprises
- Non- small and medium-sized enterprises
- Small-scale business
- Entrepreneurship and others
Please refer to the Small & Medium Enterprise Credit Guarantee Fund Program for more details on the Small & Medium Enterprise Credit Guarantee Fund Program.
Business Angel Investment Program
The National Development Fund of the Executive Yuan aims to improve the market mechanism for investment in new ventures and the business angel investment environment in Taiwan by co-investing with angel investors, providing initial working capital for new ventures, and utilizing the investment experience of angel investors to provide aftercare counseling and networking for the invested ventures. The primary objective of this program is to foster new and riskier ventures, rather than focusing on financial returns. The program is funded with NT$2 billion by the National Development Fund, and applications may be accepted for five years from the date of approval.
“The National Development Fund Business Angel Investment Program of the Executive Yuan” has officially appointed the Taiwan Venture Capital Association to handle the program’s investment application processing, and related services and activities. Promotional seminars, counseling and investment matchmaking services of this program are free of charge.
Please refer to the business angel investment program for more detailed information.
If you have any questions about the program or are interested in applying, please contact the program’s Investment Services Office.
- Organizer: National Development Fund, Executive Yuan
- Implementer: Taiwan Venture Capital Association
- Contact: National Development Fund Business Angel Investment Program Service Office
- Address: Room C, 10F, No. 133, Sec. 4, Minsheng East Road, Song Shan District, Taipei 10574, Taiwan
Loans for Startup Funding for Young Entrepreneurs
In order to create a favorable environment for young people to start their own businesses and to help them obtain the necessary funds to start their own businesses, loans will be approved by publicly and privately owned financial institutions. The source of funds will be handled by the lending financial institution with its own funds.
Eligible Loan applicants:
- Businesses that have registered as a company, business, or limited partnership or that have been incorporated in accordance with the law for less than five years.
- The loan may be applied in the name of the responsible person or the business entity if the following requirements are met; if the responsible person is a foreigner, the loan should be applied in the name of the business entity.
- The responsible person must be between the ages of 20 and 45.
- If the responsible person is a R.O.C. national, he or she shall have a household registration in R.O.C. and have received at least 20 hours of entrepreneurship counseling courses or two credit certificates from a government-approved institution within three years; if the responsible person is a foreigner, he or she should obtain either an Entrepreneur Visa or Employment Gold Card issued by the government of the R.O.C.
- If the loan is applied for in the name of the person in charge, the amount of capital contributed by the person in charge should be at least 20% of the paid-in capital of the business entity, but an incorporated business without capital registration is not subject to this restriction.
For more information about the Loans for Startup Funding for Young Entrepreneurs, please refer to the Loans for Young Entrepreneurs and Start-ups section.
Other Domestic Venture Capital
For more information about the current situation of domestic venture capital, please refer to the Taiwan Venture Capital Association website.